Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Am i too impressionable?

Now, i am at Wellington library. I think it would be great if i can get a job here, be a librarian, working everyday with books and readers. I can live in a bubble of human's achievements and creativity throughout history. I would love to walk around in the middle of book shelves, put the books to the shelves and arrange them...

Yesterday, i was at the noodle house. I was imagine it would be great to make some good food and serve people as well. I could be someone who made great Vietnamese vegetarian food and make a living in Wellington. Yes, everybody loved food and it's also a good and genuine way to earn money...

The other day, i was in a skin clinic and it was such a nice experience. We had a good chat with a very friendly and warm woman, who was giving us a lots of great advice on skin products. Then i was thinking, well, I would love to learn about herbal medicine, its effect on health and stuffs and do the same job as that girl. I would enjoy it so much. It was such a pleasant and beautiful occupation a person could have.

One time, i looked at the leaflets of English language centers or free English courses to people in Wellington. Then i suddenly thought i should be an English teacher. There are so many people that need to learn English in Wellington, especially immigrants from foreign countries who are suffering from under minimum wage jobs due to their lack of English competency. Yes, i had my degree in English, i could be an English teacher...

Every time i walked pass Ogilvy office on Tory street, an international advertising agency that one friend of mine used to work for in Vietnam. My friend is a creative writer and a good person. I guess i should work in advertising and marketing as well using my writing ability, which is not too bad, i think. Then the moment i passed that office, one last thought lingered in my mind was how to start a career in advertising. Maybe i should ask that friend of mine...

I happened to know one Vietnamese woman. She works as a chef at a Vietnamese restaurant. She asked me to help her filling a register form at a health clinic. While waiting for her at that clinic, i was thinking that I should find a job in translating in Wellington. Maybe being a Vietnamese-English translator and interpreter can be good for me. But is there a real demand for me to make a living out of this? Well...

I am often walking alone. I feel reluctant to go to any cafe and bar by myself. Then i think, maybe if i work in any cafe or bar, i can get rid of such feeling. I am imaging myself standing behind those bars, talking to customers and taking orders. Then i would make coffee or a drink for them... It looks neat in my head. I wish i could get a chance to work in a cafe or bar some day...

 Several hours ago, i had an interview for housekeeping job. I didn't go well and I would not work in housekeeping after hearing him saying how pressured and time racing it could be working there. I thought i should change myself into an extroverted and outgoing, some kind of people person to work at front office. I think i should try myself at sales job or any kind of receptionist position... Yes, i think i can do better than cleaning. Or to tell the truth, i am not good at cleaning either. I guess i should find something i can be good at... yeah, whatever...

Richard Dawkins will come to Wellington on March. Yes, i did want to become a revolutionist-atheist like him, or a scientist in general. Like Richard Feynman or Albert Einstein, doing something serious. Not the social sciences or management stuffs. Which subjects i should go into? Maybe something with trees in a garden? (Huh?) I forget all the basics in science subjects from high school. How can i begin anything, becoming a scientist and sustain myself? LOL

Seeing a lot of weird movies, some about arts. I did have a slight idea of being a film maker or artist or writer. Anything creative. That sounds pretty cool, always keep in touch with the freshest and most creative core inside myself. Did i ever do anything creative in my life? I did have a notebook full of my doodling of monsters in pencil. I did keep a diary full of hatred towards my parents in my teenager period. I did write heaps of letters to my crushes. It was pretty good though, one guy thought my writing was like Murakami's. Anyway, it was a long time ago. I haven't done anything creative these days.

I pretty much want to do everything, especially cool things. How childish i am. I know, i just need to start doing one thing, just one thing. That is to get a job in Wellington. So that i can pay for my rent and food. But what should i do? ...

I am such a joke.

27 year old human with a mind of a 12 year old confused girl. :) Yay, so i am young at heart then.

No comments:

Post a Comment