Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The urge to be cool

I am lucky to know quite a few "cool" people, many of them i have known from schools and some others i met in New Zealand. What is it about them that always fascinates me and inspires me so much?

1. They are not conventional. They are not the smartest, the prettiest or ablest but they are just so interesting and charming in their own way. The sparkling shine of them comes from their bubbling personality, self assurance and down-to-earth attitude about life and themselves. They are mentally brave and not easily intimidated. Well, i must say they are so approachable and tangible. When i am with them, it is like i can touch all their thorns and roughness but it is so endearing about all that. 

2. They make arts. They all play music, do crafting, drawing, photographing, cooking or origami... These cool friends always have some cool things to do with their time. They never get bored, they never feel lonely. They have a fun cool intact world of their own.

3. They are open-minded, childlike, carefree and expressive. I love to be with them because it feels so fresh when listening to their feelings, their unique views about what is going on in the world. 

For me, I care too much about what others think, which prevent me from expressing myself. I am too self-conscious about what i think and say. The self-criticism voice is too loud for me to have any fun. And i guess, the urge to be cool kinda ruins things for me. I do not need to be cool and make people like me to feel good about myself. Just relax and do not judge myself too much i guess. There are better things to do than just focus on my little self.

No comments:

Post a Comment